1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour (or gluten-free flour)
1/2 cup White Teff Flour (Buy it here)
1/2 cup Almond Meal Finely Ground
1 1/4 cups Water
3 1/2 tsps Baking Powder (gluten free options available)
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
1 tsp Cane Sugar
1 Egg (optional – use ¼ cup applesauce in place of egg if vegan)
1/3 cup Carrots Shredded
1/3 cup Fresh Pineapple Diced
1/3 cup Apple Shredded
1/3 cup Golden Raisins
3 tbsps Avocado Oil (any oil can substitute but this is our favorite) (Buy it here)
3 tbsps Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ghee (Buy it here)
1. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients
2. Form a circular well in the center of the dry ingredients
3. Add the remaining ingredients into that hole (save the ghee for the griddle)
4. Mix with hand whisk until everything is blended (you may still have some lumps)
5. Heat a medium size griddle with the ghee and when hot, use a ¼ cup scoop to pour batter in.
6. Cook on the first side until you see small bubbles rise and fall.
7. Flip and cook until the pancake slightly rises.
Recipe courtesy of Fourth & Heart